November: What I Am Thankful For

I am thankful for, family, health, friends, and the life I've been given. A life where God's grace has lifted me up and through the loss of a son, daughter, and brother. I am thankful that I live in the USA, a land of freedom and the right of choice to exist. May freedom reign, and God bless America, as we live a life of thanksgiving.
~Ron Churchard, Sr. (brother of Wally Churchard; uncle of Kim Ramelli, Karen Churchard, Denise Abbe, and Shelly Edgar)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thankful for my family and friends, I am thankful for my husband who puts up with my moods, good and bad! I am thankful for my kids, Arielle and Shane, most days angels, some days, not so much!!! I"ll still keep them! I am especially thankful for my Mom, I am glad she survived this year, It was a rough year for her, but I think it made me look at my relationships and realize that life is indeed short, and I need to enjoy the family and friends I have, to make time for them, and to be grateful I wake up everyday, even if it is in cloudy Ohio!!!
~Susan Flanagan (daughter of Dee Abbe, sister of Matt Abbe, sister-in-law of Denise (Churchard) Abbe, and wife of Kevin)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thankful ... All of my family, and especially for Oliva, our newest member. Thankful for each evening lighting storm I see on my way to work and each early morning sky on my way home. The rain that I walk without any reason other than I love it. Thankful for our dogs Lasso and Jeffery for making it through a difficult year. Thankful for our other pets. Thankful for our realitor Holly and all her help in giving us a new start. Thankful for all my friends past and present. Thankful for all my college teachers that still keep in touch and put up with my questions. Thankful for Angelina in every way. Thankful for the chance to write anything that others would enjoy reading. Thankful for the ability to read and enjoy it. Thankful for all the
experiences I've had and for the ones to come in this life. Thankful that we could make it out to the funeral. Thankful that I think of Grandpa and talk to him everyday. Thankful for the gifts that I've not remembered to put on this blog.
~Nathan Ramelli (son of Eric and Kim (Churchard) Ramelli)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mart and I are thankful for the following:
• Salvation through Jesus
•Each other
•Our extended families
•Our health
•Abundant daily blessings.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
~Mart and Anne (Stehower) Schuiling (sister-in-law of Carol (Longfield) Churchard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm thankful for so many things. There are the usual my family (especially my new niece, Olivia) and friends. But, in the early part of this year, my dad passed away and I am so thankful for the time I had with him. I was able to be with him on his last day. I'm thankful for being close to my family again. After living out of state for almost 30 years it is wonderful to be near everyone again. I'm thankful for Eric, my husband of almost 32 years (who has put up with me) and is still smiling, (well most of the time). My children, Sabrina, Nathan and Cameron are a blessing to me everyday. I'm most thankful that I'm a child of God's and that I will be with Him one day.
~Kim Ramelli (daughter of Wally and Carol Churchard, and wife of Eric Ramelli)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was trying to think of something "deep" to add to the blog but my imagination is still on "pause!" I must say I enjoy sunrises and sunsets more than I ever thought possible. I'm looking forward to seeing the family together too.
~Dee (Dolores) Abbe (mother of Matt Abbe and Susan Flanagan; mother-in-law of Denise (Churchard) Abbe
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thankful for the people who remind to be thankful. I am thankful for my kind and giving husband, Bob who has helped me to nurture two magnificent 17 year olds, who have found a good, safe way in life, so far, and for whom I am also thankful. I am thankful to have been blessed to be absorbed into a loving, spiritual family. I am thankful for the Florida heat, humidity, traffic, congestion. I am thankful for the colors, for eyes to see children smile, for ears to hear children belly-laugh, a nose to smell the scents of the seasons. I am thankful for the cat that purrs so loudly, I can’t sleep and the dog who loves me unconditionally. I am thankful for Esther making me one of her own. I thank God for the breeze and the stillness of the night. I am extremely thankful for a quiet hurricane season, but also for the shutters that are stored in the garage, just in case. I am thankful for the many years I have known those in my life who are now facing mountains they never dreamed they would have to climb. I am thankful that my prayers mean something to them and that we all share the same God. I am thankful that I have a job that isn’t really work at all. I’m thankful for gas grills, coffee grinders, paper plates, email, mute buttons, air conditioning, boredom, mindless TV dramas, baseball, flip-flops, music, fabric softener, Lynette (my favorite grocery bagger,) crossword puzzles, the peace of communion, Gone With the Wind, Advent, popcorn, manicures, and the humility to know that all of these things mean nothing without the most important thing of all. That would be the love I feel from all of you. I thank God for you. Have a blessedly uneventful, peace-filled Thanksgiving. Go Lions.
~Julie Longfield (wife of Bob, son of Bob and Esther Longfield (aunt and uncle to Carol (Longfield) Churchard)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thankful that...Jesus loves me, this I know... because the Bible tells me so ~ for my 4 lovely and loving daughters ~ for my sons-in-law, who are so good to me ~ for my grandchildren, who bring me such joy ~ for memories...of childhood, of dear relatives, of special friends, of good times, of Christmas Past ~ for freedom from want...I am blessed with all I need and more ~ for books and time to read them ~ for Sadie, my 6 month old puppy, who fills the empty spaces and then some ~ for the Diamondbacks, who won a World Series in my lifetime ~ for 60 plus years of good health and for the strength to enjoy each day in spite of a few issues now ~ for rainbows reminding me of God's faithfulness ~ for music, all kinds of music, (except the songs that have words I can't understand) ~ and all the other things that people have set to music..."flowers in spring; birdies that sing; brown paper packages tied up with string," things that make me sing "...What a Wonderful World...".
~Carol (daughter of James and Margaret (Pastoor) Longfield) Churchard
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My husband, best friend, soul mate, and partner ... both moms are alive and kicking ... three lovely sisters whom I consider best friends ... two incredible sisters-in-law ... four awesome brothers-in-law ... wonderful nieces and nephews ... all other family members both here and back east ... dear friends ... my dad is not in pain anymore ... ASU is 9-1 (my dad would have loved that) ... the weather is finally changing ... the leaves on our trees are turning brilliant reds and golds ... my husband brings me flowers from our rose garden every day ... a special garden spot where all three of our dogs are so we can visit everyday ... our bird feeders so we can see our finches, goldfinches, and hummingbirds every day ... a job where I feel I can make some sort of difference in this world ... books, books, and more books ... getting healthy after an unhealthy summer ... having a roof over my head, and a rather nice one at that ... fettucine alfredo ... the Internet ... music and iPods ... that lovely smell in the air when wood is burning and the air is crisp and cold ... rainy days ... my library where I can cuddle in my chair with a good book in front of a roaring fireplace while it's raining outside--pure heaven on earth! ... a job where I have a lot of days off! ... a clean house (a rarity around here) ... my new haircut ... Matt's new haircut ... Matt and I joining the YMCA to try to get in shape ... the fact that I love to learn ... all of my loved ones are, for the most part, healthy, safe, and happy ... chocolate chip cookies ... pralines and cream ice cream ... Mexican and Italian food ... holidays that bring family together ... chestnuts roasting on an open fire ... puppies and dogs ... snow ... my piano where I try to play beautiful music ... God and Jesus Christ--who gave me this life in the first place and who promised me an eternal one after this ... Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
~Denise Abbe (daughter of Wally and Carol Churchard, and wife of Matt Abbe)